The Cartoon Contest is sponsored and organized by Maestra Business Solutions (www.maestrahub.com) and is governed by these official rules.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree to abide by all of these rules and regulations.
The Cartoon Contest is open to all delegates, sponsors and volunteers of Social Media Camp Victoria happening in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada from May 3, 2017 to May 4, 2017, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
How to Enter
- Drop by Maestra Business Solutions booth during Social Media Camp and get a free customized cartoon by the artist Mark Siermaczeski. Publish your new profile picture to your Twitter, Facebook or Instagram account and send a public post promoting your new picture using both hashtags #MaestraHub #SMCamp. Keep the profile picture for the duration of Social Media Camp Victoria.
- For a valid entry to the contest, you must be a Social Media Camp participant AND you must provide a valid email address to receive your Cartoon.
- By entering this Contest and providing your email address, you agree to occasionally receive communications emails from Maestra Business Solutions. If you do not wish to be part of our email marketing community, you can voluntary opt-out from our first email communication.
- Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of the number of mentions on social media platforms during the duration of the contest.
- All eligible entries received during the Contest period will be combined for the final drawing. Maestra Business Solutions is not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries, or for any electronic miscommunications or failures of any kind, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest. Any and all lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries will be disqualified.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win, and a purchase will not increase the odds of your winning.
This Contest will begin on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 9 am, and will end on Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 3 pm. All entries/submissions must be received on or before the submission period. Maestra Business Solutions reserves the right to extend or shorten the contest at their sole discretion.
Three prizes will be awarded during the Cartoon Contest period:
- Two-hours Marketing Consultation with Asmâa Methqal from Maestra Business Solutions, based in Victoria, BC (value of $500)
- A vision board session of 2 hours with theracaturist Mark Siermaczecki from Cruelty-Free Cartoons, based in Vancouver, BC (value of $400)
- Two general admission tickets to Rifflandia Festival happening on September 14 to September 17, 2017 at different venues in Victoria, BC (value of $250)
At the outset of the Contest, there are a total of three (3) prizes available to be won. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person during the entire Contest Period. The odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received.
The winners will be selected and notified no later than Thursday, May 4 at 5 pm. Maestra Business Solutions will announce the confirmed winners on its website, Facebook page and Twitter account once the three winners have claimed their prize.
Maestra Business Solutions will make reasonable efforts to contact potential winners by telephone (if telephone number provided) and/or email within two (2) business days following the date of the relevant drawing. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within the time specified above, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, is not otherwise an eligible entrant, or does not otherwise comply with the Official Rules, he/she will not win any prize. In this event, the prize will be awarded to an alternate entrant, who will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Any alternate winner will have the same rights and obligations as the original winner. To claim a prize, a potential winner must comply with the Official Rules for this Contest, must correctly answer unaided a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by Sponsor. Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners.
Confirmation of Potential Winners
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Maestra Business Solutions, which are final and binding in all respects. No cash or other substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in disqualification, and an alternate entrant may be randomly selected in accordance with the Official Rules.
The winners must agree to have their photo taken and used for public website and social media marketing promotions for Maestra Business Solutions. The winners must agree to grant Maestra Business Solutions permission to use his/her name, likeness or comments for publicity purposes without payment or additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.
Maestra Business Solutions and its respective agents and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Cartoon Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize. Any attempt to damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to possible legal action by Maestra Business Solutions.
Maestra Business Solutions reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the Contest, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if Maestra determines that the sweepstakes cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond Maestra’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest. In the event any tampering or unauthorized intervention may have occurred, Maestra Business Solutions reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue.
Maestra Business Solutions and its agents and representatives, and any telephone network or service providers, are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, the inability to access any website or online service or any other error, human or otherwise.
The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws. The Contest and the Official Rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of British Columbia and shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Victoria, British Columbia.
A copy of the Official Rules will be available online at www.maestrahub.com/smc-contest/rules
Maestra Business Solutions
208 – 649 Bay Street
Victoria, B.C. V8T 5H8
Any questions regarding this sweepstake should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org